Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God's Perspective

"You are precious in my eyes, and glorious, and I love you." -God (Isaiah 43:4)

Yesterday, I prayed a very simple prayer. "God, how can I be better?"

The answer came as one word: "Perspective."

I thought, "Yes. This is an excellent answer. I need perspective. Perspective that will help me not stress about the little things. Perspective that will remind me what is truly important."

It wasn't until today during Adoration that I grasped the full meaning of what God was saying to me. He wasn't encouraging me to gain perspective, in general. He was encouraging me to see the world from His perspective.


What does the perspective of God look like?

I imagine it looks like radiant love covering every ounce of the earth, reaching every precious and beloved soul, connecting all Creation and history together, and drawing it all to Himself.

Looking at the world through the eyes of God would change everything. I would be in love with each person I met. I would see the higher meaning and purpose in everything. I would choose to  be led by the Spirit at every turn. Nothing would matter but participating in a union of love with God and neighbor.

If I succeeded in doing this for just one day, I am convinced my life would be unalterably transformed.

Of course, I would probably fail. After all, it is God's perspective. 

But perhaps I am being called to try.

1 comment:

  1. Nice website you have.You are welcome to visit our blog.The link is www.thoughtactioneire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?